Sugar Free Chocolate Mousse To DIE For!!!
The thing that seems to scare potential low carb dieters the most is giving up chocolate. But you don't have to! Try this!
- 1 package (4-serving size) chocolate sugar-free instant pudding mix
- 1 package (about 10 ounces) soft tofu
- 1 heaping tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee crystals (more if you like mocha)
- 8 to 12 ounces heavy whipping cream, chilled
Using an electric mixer, beat first four ingredients until very smooth. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until just about stiff. Turn the mixer to the lowest setting, blend in the pudding/tofu mixture, and TURN OFF THE MIXER! If you overbeat, you'll get chocolate butter!
I like this with the smaller amount of cream, for a sturdier texture, but I know folks who like it with the larger amount, for a fluffier texture. Your choice! Try it with vanilla pudding and a half-teaspoon of extra vanilla, too!